A Traditional Pension That
Affordably Rewards Employee Loyalty
Whether it’s recruitment or retention, affordability or sustainability, there are a variety of reasons the MERS Defined Benefit Plan can be the right retirement fit for your municipality.
The MERS Defined Benefit Plan is a traditional pension plan that rewards your employees’ loyalty and longevity, with a lifetime retirement benefit. The MERS Defined Benefit Plan can help you attract and retain top talent at your municipality, while offering you the flexibility to affordably balance your benefits and your budget.
Features & Benefits:
- Rewards employee longevity
- Variety of benefit multipliers and other provisions available for adoption
- Benefits do not decrease with investment losses
- Past service may be financed
- Investment returns reduce long-term contributions – 2/3 of MERS municipal members' funding comes from investment earnings
- Cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) options available
- Death and disability benefit provisions
- Additional service credit purchases available